- Create empty Lambda@Edge form on Linc
- Create an SSL/TLS certificate
- Apply Cloudformation template in us-east-1
- Create access/secret keys for user
- Copy remaining settings into Linc
Create empty Lambda@Edge form on Linc
Navigate to the Settings page of your Linc site and scroll to the Deploy Config section. Click the Create Lambda@Edge config button to create an empty Lambda@Edge config form for you to complete. Keep this tab open as we'll be returning here periodically to fill it in.
Create a SSL/TLS certificate
Navigate to Certificate Manager in AWS Console. Make sure the region is set to North Virginia (us-east-1).
- Create an SSL/TLS certificate for your domain *.example.com
- You have two options for domain ownership validation: email and DNS. We recommend DNS validation because it's automatically renewed.
- Create DNS entries for validation in the overview of the certificate manager. If your DNS is hosted on Route 53, press the Create record in Route 53 button. If your DNS is hosted elsewhere then make the appropriate change.
- Once you've created the certificate, navigate to the details section of the new certificate and copy the certificate ARN to your clipboard.
Apply Cloudformation template in us-east-1
Having copied your certificate ARN to the clipboard, navigate to Cloudformation, then:
- Create a stack by clicking the Create Stack button. Under the Choose a template section, select the Upload a template to Amazon S3 option and upload this lambda@edge cloud formation template we prepared earlier.
- In the next screen, specify your stack name, then fill out the Paramaters section as follows:
- Aliases - add all your domain names delimited by commas
- Certificate ARN - paste your certificate ARN from before here
- Sitename - enter the name of your Linc site name, for example: how-to-linc or linc-front-end
Create access/secret keys for user
Once you've created your stack, navigate to its' Stack Details page and expand the Resources section. Click on the DeployUser link under the Physical ID column, then in the Security Credentials tab, click the Create access key button. A modal will appear displaying your Access Key Id and Secret Access Key.
Copy and paste both the Access Key Id and Secret Access Key into their respective fields in the empty Linc Lambda@Edge form you have open in another tab.
Copy remaining settings into Linc
Return to the Resources section in your stack's Stack Details page, then fill in the remaining fields of the Linc Lambda@Edge config form as follows:
- CF Distribution ID - Copy paste the CloudfrontDistribution Physical ID
- Lambda Arn - Click the RenderLambda link under the Physical ID column. This will navigate you to the Lambda Management Console where you can copy the lambda ARN at the top of the page straight to the clipboard.
Your Lambda@Edge form on Linc is now complete, so you can go ahead and click Save. Your most recent FAB from your release branch should be automatically deployed to Lambda@Edge.